Parashara Jyotisa Course 2017
The Parāśara Jyotiṣa Course (PJC) is to be taught in the tradition of Puri, India and includes spiritual instructions to develop the mind in order to grasp the entire subject. The student is to develop a keen understanding of Vedic astrology and will master all the śloka of Bṛhat Parāśara Horā Śāstra (BPHS).
The syllabus primarily includes the jyotiṣa classic Bṛhat Parāśara Horā Śāstra as available today. The various chapters are grouped into 28 topics to be covered in four years for the certification as Jyotiṣa Paṇḍita.
This is the sixth batch of PJC Students, the first being mentored by Pt. Sanjay Rath, second by Dr. Andrew Foss and third by Sarbani Rath.
The course for each academic year of the Parāśara Jyotiṣa Course shall formally commence from Meṣa saṅkrānti (about 16 April) and shall be taught online. Based on their convenience the mentors may decide to have monthly webinars and/or contact classes for some parts of the course.
DBC offers a choice of two mentors for this PJC Batch – (a) Mariella Cassar for the West and (b) Sarbani Rath for East. A broad division of areas is indicated above. Mariella and Vijaya Subramanian will be conducting the PJC from London, UK whereas Sarbani assisted by Twinkle will be conducting the PJC from New Delhi, India. Applicants are free to choose their mentor based on their proximity and comfort.
More Information: The website for the PJC 2017 batch is at http://parasarajyotisa.in
- Devaguru Bṛhaspati Center has opened admissions for fresh batch of students to start its prestigious Parāśara Jyotiṣa Course from the Academic Year 2017.
- Unlike other colleges where the application is generic, DBC requires that the student should be accepted by a mentor for learning vedāñga jyotiṣa.
- A mentor is a jyotiṣa guru who will guide you through the course. Unlike previous years where one mentor was available, in 2017 the mentors are (a) Mariella Cassar for West and (b) Sarbani Rath for East. Please see this page for a better idea.
- Students can enroll by simply paying the fees to the mentor
PJC joining options for the Year 2017
Fee Partial Waiver
Some students have made requests for fee waivers. Please note that partial fee waivers can be made at the discretion of the mentors based on your economic status. Please write to the mentors directly for this. They can permit 25% or a maximum of 50% fee waiver for international (other than India) students.
PJC West (Mariella Cassar): Scholarship Payment PJC East (Sarbani Rath): Scholarship Payment
PJC India Installment Payment
We are aware that salaried people in India and some other countries will prefer to pay in installments. The subscription option is available. However for those Indians who would like to pay in three installments of ₹12,000 (joining before 31 Dec) or ₹15,000 (joining after 1 Jan, 2017), please fill the form given below and an invoice will be mailed to you.
- The fees are based on the economy of the region as well as the number of days the mentor is likely to spend in contact course (for mentors outside India). Fees do not include travel and stay costs as well as any incidentals for the contact classes. Contact Classes are (optional).
- Students attending the contact classes are expected to give Guru Dakṣiṇa as this is the traditional way. Fees indicate above do not include guru dakṣiṇa. This is optional and is based on the heart of the student and appreciation for all that he receives. It is the vedic way which we must learn.
- Contact classes will be held in Locations chosen by the Mentor. Your contact course dates will be announced by your mentor at the forum