There are two methods to draw a Trimsamsa (D30) Chart. We discuss the method of Parashara.
What is the Trimsamsa, and how to draw a Trimsamsa Chart?
Trimsamsa means the one-thirtieth portion of a sign measuring one degree. Unlike other divisions, the Sun and Moon are not the Lords of any trimsamsa and the Nodes (Rahu & Ketu) also do not owm any trimsamsa. Thus the remaining five of Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus and Saturn own the trimsamsa. They represent the five elemental states of existence (see table 1).
Table 1: Five Elements
|Prithvi||Mercury||Earth/Solid state||Bhadra Tithi: 2nd, 7th & 12th||Wednesday|
|Jala||Venus||Water/ Liquid state||Rikta Tithi: 4th, 9th & 14th||Monday & Friday|
|Agni||Mars||Fire/Energy||Nanda Tithi: 1st, 6th & 11th||Tuesday, Sunday|
|Vayu||Saturn||Wind/ Gaseous State||Poorna Tithi: 5th, 10th & 15th||Saturday|
|Akash||Jupiter||Ether/ Vacuum||Jaya Tithi: 3rd, 8th & 13th||Thursday|
Table 2: Trimsamsa D30
|Degrees||Odd Signs||Deity||Degrees||Even Signs||Deity|
The positions of the planets and the Lagna in the Rasi chart are used to determine the Trimsamsa occupied by them. For example, if Jupiter is in 26-07′ in Pisces, then since it is in an even sign, from Table 2, we see that it is in Scorpio (even sign ruled by Mars). In this manner, the trimsamsa of all the planets and Lagna is determined and the resultant chart is called the Trimsamsa or D-30 Chart.
The trimsamsa chart of the standard nativity is given below.
How to study the Trimsamsa Chart? Method-1
1. Treat this like any other chart. In spiritualism we are taught of a “SHADOW SELF” called PAPA_PURUSHA which is a reflection of our own self, but the darker side which includes all the negative things we have done for ages and many births. This is the trimsamsa..the shadowy world of our self. Hence, the Sun and Moon do not own any trimsamsa as they have light.
2. Second thing is to study this chart for all the bad things we have done for which we deserve to be punished or taught lessons. The 12th rules hospitals and is the 5th (Mantra) from the 8th (Diseases). Hence the 12th house shows the way to get out of diseases and other such bad karma. It is the future (5th) of the 8th house.
3. A Saturn placed in such a place is not good as it delays the recovery from diseases, makes the effect of the mantra nil due to mistakes or “NOT WORSHIPPING GANESHJI” before starting a mantra can render it useless unless Guru is very strong. In this manner study the houses with focus on the 8th house (ROGA: Diseases & RINA Debts) and the 6th house (SHAD RIPU: Six kinds of weaknesses). In this manner the houses should be studied.
4. The 9th house (Dharma) from the 8th house is the 4th house. Thus, happiness and laughter (ruled by the 4th house) are the best natural medicine to get out of the cycle of disease and debt. A clean heart is the key to happiness & laughter. Venus (fulfilment of desires) gives happiness & Mercury gives laughter. Moon is the natural significator for the 4th house and becomes the Controlling planet for good health and freedom from diseases. In this manner the planets should be studied.
5. The Arudha pada of the sixth house gives the body part that shall be afflicted due to the diseases.
6. Venus rules the Mritunjaya Mantra and the strength of Venus in this division is important for recovery from diseases. The Sun and the Moon represent the Atma (Soul) and the Mana (Mind) respectively. Affliction to the Sun will result in suffering, poverty and misery while affliction to the Moon will cause ill health and death. Since Mars and Venus rules the signs of exaltation of the Sun and Moon, they represent the Physical and Mental strength of the native to cope with distress, disease and other evils respectively.
Examine the trimsamsa of the chart above
The first, tenth and eighth houses and their lords should be examined for good longevity. Here, the Lagna lord is involved with a Parivartana Yoga with the ninth lord Mars showing the ability for quick recovery from diseases. The conjunction of saturn is a big handicap on the lagna lord as if saturn conjoins either of the lords of the lagna (Brahma), tenth (Vishnu) and eighth (Rudra), then the span of longevity contributed by it is reduced. Jupiter is not only the lagna lord, but also the tenth lord and its conjunction by Saturn is a handicap. The exaltation of the eighth lord Venus is a great blessing in the chart as it gives cures from all ailments during its periods.
Rahu and Ketu placed in the eighth house will surely give diseases during their periods and the antidote for this is the exaltation of Venus their dispositor. During Saturn dasa-Rahu Antardasa-Ketu Pratyantar dasa, the native developed a strange swelling in the left elbow (joint diseases are shown by Saturn) that had to be surgically removed after it threatened to become dangerous.
The badhakesh is the lord of the house of obstruction (Badhak means obstruction). For movable signs the eleventh house, for dual signs the seventh and for fixed signs the seventh is the Badhak house. Here the seventh house is Virgo which is empty while its lord Mercury is in the tenth house in Sagittarius in the badhak house from the Moon. Thus, during Jupiter dasa Mercury antardasa, the native suffered from a dogbite.
The lagna rising in trimsamsa is the same as the Lagna Pisces in the Rasi chart showing that most of the ill health will be related to childhood and that the health improves with age. This is also substantiated by the placement of the tenth lord in Lagna with the lagna lord in the Rasi Chart. In this manner and applying the “Paryaya Dasa” [recommended by Maharishi Jaimini for the Shastamsa (D-6) and D-30 is a higher harmonic division of D-6 as 30=2×12+(6)] the correct results can be divined.
3 thoughts on “Trimsamsa D-30 Chart”
Very valuable article sir
Mithun rising (fifth house from natal lagna plus eighth from Chandra plus ninth from surya) problems with dharam, romance and occult? I am in female form.
Both Sun and Moon very weak in chart. Also Surya badhaka?? check and see if you can appease Sri Rama